Thursday, July 15, 2010

Transformational Power

Today's question is: Do you share Joseph’s perspective that a tragic event can be turned by God to a providential purpose?

The short answer is: yes.

The long answer is this: I don't think God creates hardship and heartache in our lives. I don't believe "everything happens for a reason." God doesn't cause a bad thing to happen so that a better thing can happen down the line. However, I do believe that God can transform our hardship and heartache into goodness and joy. Sometimes, the best God can bring about from a bad experience is our lesson learned. Sometimes, that's enough.

It's a fine line between believing in the transformational power of God and predestination. That fine line is a significant one, however.

PS If you are following along in the workbook, you may have noticed I skipped a question about Israel...I'm thinking on it....I'll get back to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment